We discuss the motivations, difficulties and progress in the study of supersymmetric lattice gauge theories focusing in particular on = 1 and = 4 super-Yang-Mills in four dimensions. Brief reviews of the corresponding lattice formalisms are given and current results are presented and discussed. We conclude with a summary of the main aspects of current work and prospects for the future.
- lattice gauge field theories
- lattice quantum field theory
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Nuclear and High Energy Physics
- Astronomy and Astrophysics