When suitable green writing laser beams are incident on bacteriorhodopsin film, the diffraction beams occur and their intensity changes as writing time. We theoretically analyzed this phenomenon and, based on this property, designed an all-optical image reverse converter switch, which has the ability to transfer an optical image from a laser beam (433 nm) to another green laser beam (533 nm) within the effective transfer time. Beyond the effective time, the image automatically stops transferring from one wavelength to another. The effective time is dependent on the intensities of writing beams.
- Image reverse converter switch
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering