This research focuses on the development of a model for tolerance and process sequence selection optimization. To ascertain the optimal tolerances for all component dimensions of an assembly and the best processing sequences, the model incorporates the manufacturing tolerance cost and the quality loss resulting from not achieving the committed target dimensions. In addition, the model includes decisive manufacturing constraints such as machining capacities, measurement errors, and process capabilities. The process selection and tolerance optimization constraints require the model to be formulated as a 0-1 nonlinear optimization problem.
- Optimal Tolerance Allocation
- Process Sequence Optimization
- Processing Sequence Selection
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Control and Systems Engineering
- Hardware and Architecture
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering