The problem of confirming lower bounds on the number of coalitions for which an individual is pivoting is NP-complete. Consequently, the problem of confirming non-zero values of power indices is NP-complete. The problem of computing the Absolute Banzhaf index is #P-complete. Related problems for power indices are discussed.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Statistics and Probability
- Mathematics (miscellaneous)
- Social Sciences (miscellaneous)
- Economics and Econometrics
- Statistics, Probability and Uncertainty